here's the story
From a young age I learned to respond to daily life by climbing up into my head, setting up camp and remaining there for the duration. I later realized that I wanted a life that my thinking alone could not provide. In fact my never ending thoughts were becoming the problem. When I discovered the deep wisdom that lives beneath our thoughts, I knew I had accessed a different kind of innate intelligence from which many are disconnected. I learned to access the naturally wise parts of myself that are available to each of us; intuitive wisdom, the physical body, genuine feelings, and an abiding inner calm. I now appreciate the mind as the brilliant and practical tool that it is. Yet I can connect to the naturally wise parts of myself that guide me into responses and actions that are balanced, clear and empowered.
I also discovered that it is my purpose and privilege to support others in this holistic, powerful approach to life and work.
I am trained and certified in both fundamental and advanced coaching and facilitation techniques.
Life Coach of the Year Nominee 2012 & 2014
International Coach Federation of New England
Certifications and Degrees:
- Certified co-Active Coach CPCC: trained and certified by the Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Professional Certified Coach, PCC: through the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Certified Deep River Facilitator: Trained and certified by renowned author and facilitator Abby Seixas. Practical methods for busy or overwhelmed people who want to recover a sense of balance and a manageable pace in their lives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy
Memberships and Affiliations:
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- ICF, New England Chapter (ICFNE)
- Renewed Hope Project: On the board of directors of this organization that supports families dealing with addiction.
- Communities for Restorative Justice: An organization that offers a supportive process to those affected by crime that creates an opportunity for healing and accountability. I am a volunteer facilitator for the groups of people who come together to engage this process.
- Nourishing the North Shore: In this grass roots non-profit, we are working to advance the vision of having "healthy local produce on every person's plate" through multi level efforts that engage the local community members both as consumers and suppliers.
- Women for Women International: An organization that helps women survivors of war rebuild their lives.
- Completed full course of study and certification at the Coaches Training Institute: One of the most renowned credentialed coaching schools in the industry. http://thecoaches.com
- True Purpose™ Facilitation with Tim Kelley of the True Purpose Institute http://knowyourpurpose.com
- Active Imagination: A specific process developed by Carl Jung to help individuals understand and engage all parts of themselves in order to live a fully integrated life.
- Non-violent communication: http://cnvc.org
- Shadow Work® Facilitation.
- Teacher of mindfulness and presence practices for over twenty years.
- New Methods in Womens Group Process: Understanding the dynamics of how personal experiences influence our perception of others and what we then project about them. Although a training for women, the processes apply to both genders.
- Action Learning: A process for engaging groups in high performance problem solving while developing team collaboration and leadership skills.
- I am married with three children (all now young adults) and our dog Winnie.
- I am passionate about studying and understanding how to best align all parts of ourselves in order to live more conscious, authentic lives.
- My interests are: leadership and group dynamics, mindfulness, communication, restorative justice, psychology, metaphysics and reading, as well as hiking, kayaking, and skiing...all at a leisurely pace.
- I am a lover of: dogs, small bookstores and movie theaters, good coffee, skilled storytelling, windy weather, and gathering in community with friends and loved ones.